Monday, January 9, 2012

A Sweet Conversation

Tonight I was talking to a friend about small homes.  As it turns out, we both live in small homes.  Our husbands both want bigger homes and so do our kids.  I'll admit, it's hard not to drool over some of my friends' beautiful homes. When we first moved to our new town, our main thought was to buy a home that was on the low end of our budget.  That, of course, meant a small house.  We wanted to know that we could easily afford the other bills we had and still do what we wanted.  It's funny, because we had a five year plan to buy a bigger house. We knew this house was just a stepping stone.  Needless to say, hence the title of my blog, we haven't bought a bigger house!  BUT, I have fallen in love with our little home.  It's probably a lot bigger than a lot of people have.  With all that being said, I love to talk to my friends about the types of things we do to our house to make it feel bigger and to make it a home we love and want to stay in.  There is something that everyone must know....I'm very frugal.  I do not, under any circumstance, like to spend money.  Some might call it cheap; either way, it describes my spending. 

After having a conversation with my friends, Kelly and Sara, I decided to start a blog to let everyone else be part of my cozy home adventures.  My husband positively thinks I'm nuts!  It should be tons of fun!  I'm constantly doing a project in my house and it's usually on the cheap.  I want the high-end look on a hillbilly budget.  So, who's in?  I'd love to share all of the neat secrets I've learned through the years.  My goal is to share pictures, hints, and ideas for everyone else who loves to live on a budget or just to get neat ideas. 

For now, I'm off to be a new aunt!  Baby Bryley is on the way!!!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment